Development of State Land
The purpose of this proposal is to bring State Land that are presently under-utilized or not utilized at all, to more productive uses. This project aims to reduce improper and haphazard developments on state lands, and ensures that all planning and zoning requirements are adhered to.
The development of State Land would open up new opportunities that could be used for the development of the country. It would also provide investor confidence in these new areas once the registered leases/titles are issued. The cadastral surveys, which would facilitate the issuance of registered leases, could only be carried out once these areas are fully developed.
The project also aims to provide address the following issues:
- housing needs to the landless;
- secure investment and return;
- improve delivery and quality of leasing services;
- efficient use of available land resources;
- proper usage of land;
- reduce the land boundary disputes;
- improve communication and administration mechanisms, particularly in relation to land;
- provide a long-term secured lease, in turn this will provide a form of security ,like mortgage, for development;
- fair return on investment through rental;
The implementation and completion of these projects will:
- Provide security of tenure through the issue of registered leases
- Discourage squatting and haphazard housing developments in these project areas
- Promote healthy living and improve living standard through provision of necessary sanitary and infrastructural facilities and services
- The government in turn would receive a fair return on the revenue collected through rentals.
The project is currently been carried out by our Divisional Offices in the West, North and Central.