The division is headed by the Director of Geospatial Information Management who reports directly to the Permanent Secretary for Lands and Mineral Resources on administrative matters whilst to the Director of Lands on technical matters.
It is an integral part of the Lands Department with core responsibility of managing geospatial information.
The task not only align the division with data captured within the division but all that are required for the formulation of a strategic information system incorporating data from the State Land Administration, the Survey Division, Valuation and from other stakeholders.
The division set its target on:
• Providing efficient mapping and aerial photography services to meet national requirements
• An information system to incorporate all geospatial information
• Development and coordinate cadastral and land tenure system
• Assessment of survey plans according to the Notice to Surveyors & Surveyors Regulations,
• Providing efficient information and statistics on status and rights to land
• Support for the Land Reform initiatives
Division composes of three (3) sections with 7 separate work units.
1. Plan Assessment
2. Geospatial Information Support Center (GISC)
→ GIS unit
→ System Analyst
→ System Support
→ Air Survey