The Land Use Division have four sections under its wings. They are:
3. Land Use
4. GIS & Mapping
• Responsible to Director Land Use Division for the daily operations of Survey Unit.
• Our Surveyors attend meetings together with our PR Teams with the Landowners, Investors and other responsible stakeholders involved before and after designation process
• Proper Plan Search and Field reconnaissance is done before survey proper begins
• Apply for Issuance of Survey instructions to ADS who then writes to P.P.E (Computing Office) to issue Survey instructions on the itaukei designated land.
• Carry out Periphery Survey of Designated itaukei Lands.
• Redefinition Survey of iTaukei Lands and State Freehold Lands that has been designated under Land Use Decree
• Topographical Survey of the Designated Land in General
• Once the Investor is identified, depending on his choice of Subdivision and Land Use Feasibility Report, Scheme Plan is designed and lodged to relevant authorities such as DTCP and respective Rural Local Authorities
• Proper Survey is carried out in relation to approved Scheme Plans subject to DTCP Conditions Such as EIA, FRA and Municipial and Town Councils Drawing of Survey Plans for lodgement to computing office for their examination and approval so that proper lease can be given to our investors / lessees.
• Attend to Survey Requisitions and re-lodge to computing office for their examination and approval.
• Conduct weekly meetings and attend to Section Head meetings
Note: Periphery Survey is done so that the Land owners can know the extent of their boundaries that they have given their consent on designated Land. Also, it enables the investors to visit the site with our Surveyors to see the actual area for their development needs.
The Valuation Section is responsible for the valuation of all designated land in the Land Bank. It currently comprises of three sub sections mainly Special Valuation & Research, Rental & Estate and Acquisition & Marketing. A team of Valuer’s reporting directly to the Principal Valuer are tasked with inspecting and assessing Unimproved Capital Value, Current Market Value, Current Market Rent and Premium on all land being deposited in the Land Bank that has been designated by the Prime Minister. Apart from Valuation work the Section is also involved in Research, Marketing, Trainings/Workshops catering for Trustees of designated land, Tendering and Rental & Estate monitoring.
• Prepares Land suitability study/report on designated land and submits report on highest and best use of land.
• Liaise with Agriculture on scientifically proven land use
Service to the public include :
• Assist Investors in identifying land for their particular business purposes
• Designation of Land
• Survey of designated lands.
• Valuation of designated lands.
• Negotiation between LOU and Investors on premium and rents to be paid.
GIS & Mapping
• GIS unit maps out designated area.
• Prepares designated diagrams.
• Updates database on designated lands.
• Prepares Land Feasibility Study ( social factor, biological factor & physical factor).
• Prepare Advertisement diagram.
• Assists surveyors, valuation, and Land Use staff in mapping area.
• Preparation of Lease Document and Diagrams.