The Ministry of Lands and Mineral Resources, Geospatial team during their Mapping and GPS capturing project in Ovalau, distributed copies of the ED101educational maps to 17 schools on the Island.
Additionally, Topographical Maps of Ovalau and Lomaiviti was also distributed as extra educational aids for these schools.
Schools visited were:
1. Visoto District School School
2. Loreto Primary School
3. Bureta District School
4. Lovoni Primary School
5. Marist Convent Primary School
6. Levuka Public School
7. Levuka Public Primary School
8. Delana Methodist Primary School
9. Delana Methodist High School
10. St. James Primary School
11. Viro Primary School
12. Ratu Seru Memorial School
13. Rukuruku Primary School
14. St. Johns College
15. Taviya District School and
16. Jeanne-Marie Pre School.
As awareness, the Geospatial Team also presented to these schools, explaining the process of Mapping to the students.
The school principals and teachers were very grateful for the visit and had expressed their interest by requesting for customized maps.