The Lands Department consists of the following divisions:
1. Surveying Division
Survey Services and Equipment Calibration, Ensuring Compliance of Survey Practice, Standards & Regulations, Approval of all Surveys Plans in Accordance with Surveyors Act, Establishment / Maintenance of Geodetic Control Network, Management of the Surveyors Registration Board.
2. Valuation Division
Assessments of Property Rates for Towns and Cities, Periodic Reassessments of Rents on State Land, Verification of Rents on Natives Leases to State, Acquisitions of Land Required for Public Purposes, Compilation and Analysis of Property Market Information.
3. State Land Administration | Management
Processing of all State Land Lease Applications and Preparation/Registration of Lease Documents, Granting Consents to Dealings, Processing of Renewals and Variations , Monitoring of Breaches of State lease Conditions.
4. Land Use Division
Identification of Idle Land, Consents, Designation, Valuation, Survey and Leasing ensuring Best/Maximum Ulitilisation, Equitable Returns to Resources Owners and Tenure Security for Sustainability.
5. Geospatial Information Management
Development/Maintenance & Distribution of Geospatial Information, Aerial Photography and Photogrammetry, Development/Maintenance of Fiji Land Information Databases, Cartography, Plan Assessment, Statutory Research, Geographical Information Systems, Information Technology and MapShop Customer Services.
MINERAL RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
- To oversee the development of groundwater resources in Fiji (groundwater assessment & borehole drilling), and chemical and microbiological analysis of groundwater quality for safe consumption as well as mine and quarry effluent discharge.
- To provide geological hazard information and technical services to the public. Such responsibility includes the critical role of Seismic monitoring of earthquakes and issuance warning in the case a tsunami is generated. The Division also contributes to Geo-hazard assessment through geotechnical test-hole drilling.
The Mineral Resources Department consists of the following divisions:
1. Geological Services
2. Geological Survey
3. Mines & Environment
4. GeoScience Support Services