The Geospatial Information Management Division reports directly to the Permanent Secretary for Lands and Mineral Resources on administrative matters.
It is an integral part of the Lands Department with the core responsibility of managing geospatial information. The task not only align the division with data captured within the division but all that are required for the formulation of a strategic information system incorporating data from the State Land Administration, the Survey Division, Valuation and from other stakeholders.
The division set its target on:
• Providing efficient mapping and aerial photography services to meet national requirements
• An information system to incorporate all geospatial information
• Development and coordinate cadastral and land tenure system
• Assessment of survey plan according to the Notice to Surveyors & Surveyors Regulations
• Providing efficient information and statistics on status and rights to land
• Support for the Land Reform initiatives
Division composes of two (2) sections with 8 separate work units.
1. Fiji Geospatial Information Support Section (FGISS)
2. Mapping Section
•Air Survey Unit
•Draughting (Mapshop) Unit