The Valuation division is the arm of the Department that is responsible for the negotiation and acquisitions of land required for public purposes such as roads, water supply and other government facilities.
The Division is also charged with the responsibility for the assessments and periodic reassessments of rentals on state leases, verifies rentals on iTaukei leases to the state besides being the official valuers for proclaimed Towns and Cities for the reassessments of property rates. An important function of the division is to collate and analyses land sales data from throughout the country which is used as a basis for property valuation.
The Valuation division is made up of 5 sections:
1. Land Acquisition and Special Valuation
2. Ratings and Statistics/Research
3. Rental and Estate
4. iTaukei Land Lease to State
Roles of the Division:
1. To acquire land for public purposes
2. Assess and re-assess state leases
3. Municipal rating valuation
4. Acquire Native Land for Lease to State
5. Property Market and Research
6. To Provide valuation services to other government departments and the public.
|List of Registered Valuers (2022)||Click Here|